Poster showing the shop of Wellington Ironmonger on the corner of Cuba and Manners Streets, c 1893
Mr. Winder established himself in 1890, and his efforts to work up a large trade were met with abundant success.
He imports largely, and deals with both town and country, his principal departments being ironmongery, electroplate goods,
iron, and wire of all kinds. He has always an attractive display in each of his six large show windows, and in the fine showroom.
Mr. Winder claims to have a larger frontage than any other retail ironmonger in the city.